3 Amazing "She Sheds" That Will Inspire You to Build Your Own
More women are turning to backyard sheds, dubbed “She Sheds,” to create space away from the home to call their very own.
They’re using these hideaways for yoga, reading, writing, gardening or just to grab a few minutes of peace and quiet. After all, men have their “Man Caves,” it’s about time women find their own blissful at-home getaways.
Take a tour of three amazing “she sheds” to find inspiration for your own project. Here are 9 tips for creating your own she shed:
1. Order a prefabricated shed. If you don’t already have a back yard shed you can buy a kit starting around a couple thousand bucks.
2. Hire a contractor. If you have deeper pockets, hire a contractor for a custom shed but consider the cost. Costs can run anywhere from $14,000 to $50,000 for an 8-by-10 shed, depending on location and features.
3. Check to see if you need a building permit. Many of these freestanding structures don’t need a permit, but check your town or city’s ordinance.
4. Consider size and function. Think about how you will use your shed when making your plans, whether its crafts, writing or just relaxing. This will help you determine how much space you need.
5. Consider your tastes. Do you want something more traditional in style or something that’s more contemporary? Look to Pinterest for a bunch of ideas for inspiration.
6. A little paint goes a long away. For existing sheds, give them a fresh coat of paint inside and out.
7. Furnish on the cheap. Shop antique shops, thrift stores and flea markets to furnish your she shed on a budget.
8. Make it comfortable. Choose cozy furniture and add pillows, rugs and other textiles so you want to spend time there.
9. Beautify the outside. Decorate the exterior with flowers, window boxes, lights, lanterns, signs and other adornments.
Need to make room for your “she shed” project? Head over to http://www.sparefoot.com to find a reserve a storage unit near you in minutes.
Looking for more inspiration, tips and advice? Check out http://www.blog.sparefoot.com
Read the whole She Shed article and find out more about the women behind them here: https://www.sparefoot.com/self-storage/blog/17449-storage-shed-she-shed/
See Original Source To join TopGardenCentres.co.uk – Send me an email #gardencentres